What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Sensor Factory Downtime Stats

Votes:

Hi,

Why do PRTG doesn't count downtime of Sensor Factory? Here's the scenario where I find it useful: For example, we have 3 server which has the same function, then I set the Sensor Factory to go in error state if all 3 servers went down at the same time, then, sensor factory must count how long the Sensor Factory itself went down. This way we can figure out how long this service went down. It would be useful on our report. Hope you get my point.

Thanks!

downtime sensorfactory stats

Created on Aug 28, 2013 6:57:33 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

The computation of downtime status when using Sensor Factory sensors can be erroneous, due to delays in the transmission of the data from the source sensors, as well as averaging and, as such, it is blocked as a viable channel for this sensor type. Sorry.

Created on Aug 28, 2013 8:43:39 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.