What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

BGP session alarming

Votes:

Is there any way to set up a sensor for BGP session monitoring? And alarm on a session failure/disconnect?

alarm bgp session

Created on Aug 29, 2013 8:55:41 PM

Best Answer

Accepted Answer

Votes:

There's now a custom-script available at this thread: Sensor for BGP status

Created on Jul 9, 2015 12:13:44 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

4 Replies

Votes:

Please have a look at Sensor for BGP status.

Created on Aug 30, 2013 8:46:02 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Last change on Aug 30, 2013 11:42:47 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I read the article, and it mentions the OID and status. I assume I need to set up a custom sensor for that, correct? And the article indicates that you are working on a tool for that, but I was wondering about the progress on the tool/sensor as well.

Created on Aug 30, 2013 2:11:19 PM

Votes:

That is correct, you would need to use a SNMP Custom sensor. As regards the development of a dedicated BGP sensor: I'm afraid I cannot tell you when the same would be available. It's still in the pipeline, but it is highly unlikely it will be available any time soon. Sorry.

Created on Sep 2, 2013 1:23:35 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Accepted Answer

Votes:

There's now a custom-script available at this thread: Sensor for BGP status

Created on Jul 9, 2015 12:13:44 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.