What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SNMP Lookup Creation from MIBs

Votes:

Hi,

I just created an oidlib for a Liebert A/C unit, with a couple hundred OIDs. When viewing the data in the MIB Importer, the "description" field is filled with lots of detail about each OID. I'd like to get this info into the PRTG interface itself. It seems as if the SNMP "Value Lookup" feature is the way to do this, but it seems crazy that we'd have to manually create a lookup OVL file when the original MIB contains the necessary information. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks, James

mib oid ovl snmp

Created on Sep 3, 2013 4:05:32 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Unfortunately no, there is no way to create a lookup file with the MIB importer natively. This is something that we hope to implement eventually but if the MIB only has data in the description field and not in the lookup field then this wouldn't work with that functionality either. For now, you have to do this by hand.

Define Lookups

Created on Sep 5, 2013 1:44:49 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.