What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

email notification file content

Votes:

Hi all

I would like to know if it's possible to modify the email notification.

I want in the body of the email to display the content of a File.

I'm monitoring a process that return the number of process in a certain status. If the status is meet it's writing the name of the process in a text file, then I have a custom EXE sensor that count how many line is in the file and return this number. But It will be more helpfull to have the content of this file directly in the notification email.

If you have an idea to display this information in an email notification, I would appreciate.

Thank you for your time

email notifications prtg

Created on Sep 4, 2013 1:40:43 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi, you can edit the notification email template in your "Account Settings" -> "Notifications". Please have a look at Notifications Settings

In general it is possible to edit this template and include additional information but in this case we can not support occurring problems.

Created on Sep 4, 2013 11:19:47 AM by  Michael Schmidt [Paessler Support] (150) 1 1

Votes:

Hello,

I'm sorry to answer so lately.

I know that I can change the email body, but my question was more regarding how can I insert in this body the content of a file that is modified depending of an event.

if you need more precision just tell me

Created on Oct 3, 2013 2:51:35 PM

Votes:

i'm sorry but i have to tell you that you cannot do this with the built-In Email notifications. You can create an executable or Script which to this. You can then use the ability of PRTG to run this Exe/Script as Notification target and send the Placeholder-Values as Parameters.

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/notifications_settings.htm#methods

Created on Oct 4, 2013 9:39:50 AM by  Mathias Hengl [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.