What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Exchange Database Size Unit

Votes:

Hello,

We have just added the Exchange Database (Powershell) sensor to monitor our Exchange DB size, but it's reporting on Bytes.

Is there any way for to change/convert this value to GB instead?

Would be much easier for us to read as our DB are quite large.

Thanks,

-Jordan

database exhange size

Created on Sep 5, 2013 5:49:05 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

Hi Jordan,
currently it is not possible changing the unit size in the Powershell Sensors. However I have forwarded your request to the responsible developer and he will have a look into this.
Best regards

Created on Sep 5, 2013 9:10:34 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Is there any progress on this? We have a Exchange Dabase well over a 100 Gigabyte and reading it in megabytes is very confusing. Can I set it the display to Gigabyte?

thanks!

Leander

Created on Nov 6, 2014 8:11:57 AM

Votes:

Hi,
a fix is already tested at the moment and should be available in the Canary version of PRTG within the next weeks. From there it will go through preview to stable channel.
Best regards

Created on Nov 6, 2014 10:20:26 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Thanks! I'll wait for it :)

Created on Nov 6, 2014 11:56:46 AM

Votes:

The exchange database powerschell sensor still has a byte count. Any update on this one? I feel a bit pre-historic when I look at bytes :-)

Kind regards

Created on Oct 14, 2015 12:28:07 PM

Votes:

Hello,

you will have to create the sensors anew and then the sensors will use the Channel Unit Configuration settings specified in the device

The Bytes (File) unit in these settings should be set to GByte, if you want to have the size in GByte.

Created on Oct 16, 2015 7:21:28 AM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.