What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Multi-OID custom sensors

Votes:

I know how to make a custom sensor from a single SNMP OID, but is there any way I can make a custom sensor that has multiple, related, OIDs. I want to be able to easily correlate the values of several OIDs over time, similarly to what I can do with an SNMP traffic sensor.

Second question, related to the first. Is there any way I can set up a custom sensor template with one or more interesting OIDs, that I can then apply to to several devices? Also, how about a custom OID template that I can apply to a single device, but with many different instances. I'm thinking of the way you can apply an SNMP traffic sensor to several interface instaces on a device.

Thanks in advance.

custom-sensors instances oid

Created on Sep 5, 2013 12:01:05 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

I'm afraid SNMP Custom sensors only allow for one OID. It is not possible to add mutliple OIDs to a single SNMP Custom sensor, sorry.

As regards templates for particular OIDs (re: custom sensors), this is possible using standard device template procedures. Please have a look at Create Device Template.

Created on Sep 5, 2013 2:38:23 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.