What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

OID values

Votes:

I have a large multi service plateform and I am having a hard time finding the right info to input into the graph. I have done some SNMP walkes and I have found the definition that I would to graph but I then cant find the current value. The OID I found that I want to graph is .1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.1.2.1.1.4.0.12.1.3.6.1.4.1.19565.1.1.1.2.9.127 shows up are rf2txpower. What I cant find is the actual value that is able to be graphed. are you able to help me without seeing the MIB file?

thanks

custom-sensor oid prtg

Created on Sep 6, 2013 6:36:07 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

What do you get when you walk or scan that OID with the SNMP tester? Would you be able to post that information here?

Created on Sep 9, 2013 10:41:04 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have a huge list of things it found but I dont know how to get it out of Getif? Does the progam have a log or something that I can copy paste?

Created on Sep 10, 2013 3:57:07 PM

Votes:

In section 2 where it says Select Request Type, you can change the radio button to the walk button and then put in the OID that you would like to walk or change it to the custom OID if it's a specific OID that you want to walk then put in the OID to the right. On the bottom right hand side of the SNMP tester, there is a button to save the log to a file or you can copy and paste the result of the OID scan here.

Created on Sep 11, 2013 11:46:02 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I dont see anything like that. Is it under the MBrowser tab?

Created on Sep 11, 2013 3:20:25 PM

Votes:

Is there somewhere that I can attach a file. It is upwords of 100 pages.

Created on Sep 11, 2013 4:35:38 PM

Votes:

OK, so after a couple hours of trying to figure all this out. I am finding that all the card specifiic card info is in a .mi2 file format instead of the .mib format. So when I try to add them into the mib importer I get tons of syntax errors. And with more then 20 mi2 files to complile that would take weeks to get converted one line at a time. Is there any easy way to convert mi2 files to mib files?

Created on Sep 11, 2013 5:51:19 PM

Votes:

If you are only trying to monitor a single OID (what you posted earlier was 1.3.6.1.4.1.8072.1.2.1.1.4.0.12.1.3.6.1.4.1.19565.1.1.1.2.9.127) then you can just create this in PRTG as a custom SNMP sensor. If it's only the one OID, you don't need to import the MIB at all.

Are you able to scan the device with this OID with the SNMP tester to see what kind of value it is giving? The mi2 file format is another form of MIB file but it sounds like the ones you are trying to use have errors which can be difficult to fix.

Created on Sep 12, 2013 11:42:02 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.