What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Long Duration using Microsoft SQL Sensor

Votes:

I'm using PRTG Network monitor and add Microsoft SQL Sensor on local and remote site to monitor a local SQL Server. Both sensor will submit a "select adddate from datestamp where ID = 1" to SQL server. The response time of local site is around 300ms. However, the response time from remote site is 9000ms. I tried to use SSMS at remote site and submit the same query to the SQL server, the respone time is below 1s. I'm using the most updated stable version of PRTG monitor.

prtg sensor sql

Created on Sep 10, 2013 5:06:13 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hi,
the long response time might be related to the connection to the remote site itself. Are you using a remote probe to monitor the SQL server on the remote site or are you just connecting to it with the sensor?
If no remote probe is installed/used yet you might consider installing one.
Best regards

Created on Sep 10, 2013 1:30:52 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.