What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cannot monitoring HP thin client H5740 by WMI

Votes:

Hi,

My company using HP thin client H5740 and found cannot monitor them by PRTG WMI sensors. They mainly show 2 kinds of errors:

1. 80041010: The specified class is not valid.- Note: the OS version of the device could not be determined, WMI might not work reliably.

2. 80041013: COM cannot locate a provider referenced in the schema. This error may be caused by any of the following:The provider is using a WMI DLL that does not match the .lib file used when the provider was built.The provider's DLL, or any of the DLLs on which it depends, is corrupt.The provider failed to export DllRegisterServer.An in-process provider was not registered using the regsvr32 command.An out-of-process provider was not registered using the /regserver switch. For example, myprog.exe /regserver.- Note: the OS version of the device could not be determined, WMI might not work reliably.

I try the method showed in error message "2" but still error. Also, for same sensor (say CPU), some thin clients showed error message "1" but some thin client showed error message "2"

How can I fixed they to monitoring HP thin client? Thanks.

hp thin-client wmi

Created on Sep 12, 2013 7:46:08 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

It looks like you will need to install extra software on the thin client in order to get WMI working since this is not part of the embedded OS. You can also use SNMP if that is on the system.

HP XPe WMI

Created on Sep 13, 2013 12:59:19 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.