What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Why am I seeing gaps in my graphs?

Votes:

I am currently seeing gaps in my graphs on all of my sensors, what could this be?

Gaps

graphs prtg time vmware-monitoring

Created on Sep 16, 2013 1:54:53 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 16, 2013 2:10:56 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

1 Reply

Votes:

Often times we find that this is the result of the server that is running PRTG syncing to a time server which causes PRTG to "lose data" for that time period which causes the gaps seen like above.

If this server is constantly having the time changed on it by the NTP server, you can try removing these settings so it no longer syncs to an NTP or you may need to get the clock repaired so that it isn't constantly being reset. Also, if this is a VM server, if the host is also synced to a NTP server, then this may happen so check those settings as well.

If this is a problem, you will see many errors in the Probe log that say Timediff: and the number of miliseconds after it. If you see those repeatedly in your Probe Log, try the steps above. Where does PRTG store it's data

Created on Sep 16, 2013 2:15:41 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.