What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Display value snmp custom sensor delta counter NOT in #/sec

Votes:

Hi,

I want to use the snmp delta counter for monitoring an oid.

At the url:

https://www.paessler.com/manuals/prtg/snmp_custom_sensor

Channel Unit Configuration is mentioned after Access Rights. Is use for testing the free version 13. But I don't see this option.

I don't want my values devided by 60, because I don't monitor bandwith. How can I configure this right?

custom-sensor delta snmp-sensor

Created on Sep 16, 2013 9:51:00 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Sorry it is not possible to disable the /s function for delta counters until now. Please note, if a delta counter is selected PRTG will calculate the difference between the last and the current value depending on the time.

Created on Sep 17, 2013 11:40:02 AM by  Michael Schmidt [Paessler Support] (150) 1 1

Votes:

Thanks,

I wrote my own script using the xml/json option in the device to calculate the difference and present it to the http advanced sensor. So this is solved for me now, but it would be great to have this option in the future.

Created on Sep 18, 2013 2:16:02 PM

Votes:

Thanks your vote is counted, but this is not the main purpose of this kind of counter. Sorry for that.

Created on Sep 18, 2013 10:32:23 PM by  Michael Schmidt [Paessler Support] (150) 1 1

Votes:

Is there any snmp-counter with delta option for NON speed use? Maybe I missed that in the huge counter list.

Created on Sep 19, 2013 9:13:53 AM

Votes:

no sorry PRTG hast no other delta counters for SNMP Custom Sensors.

Created on Sep 19, 2013 9:25:56 AM by  Michael Schmidt [Paessler Support] (150) 1 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.