What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

NAS Synology DS 1812+ prtg setup

Votes:

I would like to monitor the usage of my DS1812+ using PRTG. I have enabled the SNMP both in the synology control panel and in the prtg machine (e.g. I can perform uptime monitoring using SNMP). However, the error "End of MIB view (SNMP error #224)" always occurs when I try to set up SNMP Synology Disk Physically or Logically. Could you please help me on this matter?

disk-usage ds1812 synology

Created on Sep 18, 2013 9:32:56 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. May I ask, which exact version of PRTG are you using? Also, is it possible to add other SNMP based sensors (like the SNMP Uptime Sensor? Do those then work?

best regards.

Created on Sep 19, 2013 9:28:11 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am currently using the PRTG network freeware. I can set up a SNMP uptime sensor for my server. It just wont do with the synology. Any problem with the freeware version?

Created on Sep 19, 2013 10:40:19 AM

Votes:

There should be no issue with the Freeware Version of PRTG with this sensor. Can you please use our SNMP Tester, run it on the PRTG Host, and perform a "SNMP Walk" against the Synology DS1812? Which results do you get in the tester? Please send us the result logfile from the Tester via email to [email protected].

Created on Sep 19, 2013 1:48:06 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Sep 19, 2013 1:48:34 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

let me explain the current implementation. the prtg is installed in 160.0.40.240. the monitored server is 160.0.41.250 (where the synology is installed). the synology address is 192.168.1.100.

I run the test in snmptester using V1 to Read Device Uptime to 160.0.41.250. It works. It has value. However, It wont do on the synology address.

my question is How to do SNMP Walk on the synology for such implementation?

Created on Sep 20, 2013 3:24:34 AM

Votes:

I'm afraid that's more a configuration issue on the Synology respectively the network (routing, etc.). We can't address this from within PRTG.

Created on Sep 20, 2013 7:36:43 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.