What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Generate report with NON average historical data for a different period

Votes:

Hi,

I have a http-sensor advanced, which stores every minute a value. I want to have some historical data in my report with another time frame, i.e. 15 minutes or an hour.

The problem is that the data then Always is calculated as average. I don't see an option for calculate it as total for that time period.

Is it possible to change that anywhere? Maybe a hack in the configuration xml, or using a different type of sensor?

Thanks in advance.

average-total historic-data reports

Created on Sep 18, 2013 1:29:55 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

You can use the Sensors -> View Historic Data function for these purposes.

Created on Sep 18, 2013 2:07:28 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Hi,

Im sorry I didn't wrote it so you could understand me. When I change the interval to something different I stored the data, the average is calculated.

So only an average interval seems to be possible. I need a total interval option and I don't find it.

Created on Sep 18, 2013 2:12:38 PM

Votes:

Regular reports and graphs all show averaged data. In order to use raw values, please use the View Historic Data option mentioned above. Does that not display what you are wanting to see?

Created on Sep 19, 2013 1:34:10 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I just used this and can confirm it worked for me to see pings at 30 second intervals. Thank you!

Created on Dec 12, 2017 2:29:02 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.