What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Ignoring map refresh fails

Votes:

Hello, I'm displaying a fairly static map from prtg on a big monitor, however it often fails to refresh which results in the entire screen being white and the message: map refresh failed, until 60s later when it tries to refresh again. is there any way to disable this, so it just keeps displaying the 'old' map until the new one gets refreshed.

Furthermore I I'm trying to get the maps to display using a raspberry pi as the display computer, however it is fairly weak and doesn't handle the amount of scripting in prtg maps very well, is it possible to decrease the scripting amount of the maps?

maps performance prtg

Created on Sep 20, 2013 4:44:53 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

If the map refresh is failing on the device, there really is no way for PRTG to notice this and still display the old map unfortunately. With the Pi, you may try overclocking it to get some better performance out of it but we cannot decrease the scripting in the maps since that would require us to rework the mapping system.

If there are too many objects in the map for the pi, you can try making the map simpler or possibly using different objects that don't take as many resources to display. Overclock R-Pi

Created on Sep 23, 2013 1:03:13 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.