What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

SIP options for asterisk

Votes:

Hello!

I've tried to set up sip options ping sensor, but i recieve error:

Device returned errorcode: 404 Not Found

I've tried several sip accounts but I recieve the same error

asterisk prtg sip

Created on Sep 24, 2013 7:24:16 AM

9 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. May I ask, to which type of device do you want to add the SIP Options Ping Sensor to?

best regards.

Created on Sep 24, 2013 2:15:27 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hello!

Thank you for your answer!

I want to add the SIP option Ping Sensor to Ubuntu Server with installed Asterisk 1.8. SIP port is 5060.

Created on Sep 24, 2013 3:56:54 PM

Votes:

That should work of course, but the 404 message means the target did not respond on the SIP Port (5060). Could a firewall or similar be blocking here? The sensor is targeting the right device?

Created on Sep 25, 2013 1:38:55 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

yes, sure, I started 3cx phone on the server and connected to it, port 5060 is opened for all our office.

I thought that it was error 404 for SIP that unknown account, that's why I tried 4 accounts but result:(

Created on Sep 25, 2013 5:29:21 PM

Votes:

Can you please check if the following article does help: http://forums.digium.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=86684&start=0

Created on Sep 26, 2013 9:43:15 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

hello!

Why does this sensor uses [default] context?

It checks only SIP connection or it can measure RTP packet loss?

Created on Sep 30, 2013 7:23:34 PM

Votes:

The sensor is performing a sip options ping. This means it sends an "options" message to the server and analizes the response. More information about the data that is exchanged can be found here.

This does not include any connection information, traffic or packet loss, but if there is a lot of packet loss, the sensor will show a "warning" or "error" state every time the sensors packet gets lost.

Created on Oct 1, 2013 12:17:42 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Votes:

This issue/message may also be related to a bug in older asterisk versions.

Created on Oct 29, 2015 4:18:57 PM by  Luciano Lingnau [Paessler]

Votes:

Hello grigoriym, I have exact the same issue did u find out what the problem was?

Created on Feb 27, 2018 12:08:59 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.