What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Import Sophos Astaro MIB file

Votes:

Hello,

how can I import the MIB file from our Sophos UTM9 devices?

If I try to convert the MIB with the MIB Importer I got the following message ################## Import successful! Report for C:\Program Files (x86)\Paessler MIB Importer V3\custom\ASTARO.MIB: Sucessfully included files: 1 of 1 Sucessfully imported OIDs: 0 of 0 OIDs that were useful for PRTG: 0 ##################

Thanks Manfred

astaro mib sophos

Created on Sep 26, 2013 9:06:13 AM

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

It is highly likely that the MIB in case only contains traps or multi-index table information. These types of counters are not imported by the MIB Importer, as they cannot be used in conjunction with SNMP Library sensors. To be sure, however, we would need to have a look at the MIB in case.

Created on Sep 26, 2013 11:26:53 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Dear Support, since OP did not replied in years and I have the same question, here you may have a look at the Astaro-MIB.txt file:

http://pastebin.com/r8FrfiLP

Thank you.

Created on May 6, 2016 10:39:09 AM

Votes:

The MIB file is syntactically okay, it simply doesn't contain any useful OIDs for PRTG. What metrics do you actually want to monitor? Maybe our SNMP sensors already got you covered?

Created on May 9, 2016 8:16:08 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Votes:

On a second thought about this, you are absolutely right, there ain't much gain exept log it and maybe do some report on it which is also not needed at all.

Sorry about this.

Created on May 10, 2016 9:00:36 AM

Votes:

No problem :)

Created on May 10, 2016 10:19:28 AM by  Stephan Linke [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.