What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Version 13.3.6.3110 x64 -> SSH Disk sensors no longer work?

Votes:

After upgrading to version 13.3.6.3110 x64, I can no longer monitor ESXi hosts via SSH disk sensors(It affects all probes)

The logs don't show anything out of the ordinary. If I attempt to create an SSH disk sensor, it sits on "preparing sensor settings". I have also done the following:

Rebooted the server(which has the primary management server installed). Restarted all the probes via the "administrative tools" section Cleared the caches via the "administrative tools" section

I can confirm that SSH connectivity from the probes is functioning correctly

esxi free-disk-space ssh

Created on Oct 2, 2013 6:38:41 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. This is quite strange we can't see any such issues in our various production and test-PRTGs, which monitor dozens of different ESX(i)-Servers. Which ESX(i)-Version are you using?

best regards.

Created on Oct 4, 2013 8:36:02 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

ESXi version 4.1 348481

I've just tested it on ESXi 5 and it seems fine with that one

Created on Oct 4, 2013 4:58:01 PM

Votes:

Hi,

this was indeed a bug. The fix will be published with the next release of PRTG (eta October 14th)

Kind regards

Created on Oct 8, 2013 3:37:51 PM by  Dieter Loskarn [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ah, perfect. Thank you :)

Created on Oct 8, 2013 6:10:06 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.