What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to use the SNMP set command in PRTG

Votes:

I came upon this response: This is not directly implemented in PRTG, but you could use an EXE notification in conjunction with netsnmp tools, regarding the set command in prtg...however I dont know how to do that, please can you explain this in detail. Help me please

command prtg setup

Created on Oct 3, 2013 5:19:26 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

You would need to write a script or batch file that executes the SET command and use the same as an EXE notification. This is another notification type, as outlined under Notifications. The actual syntax of the batch / script would depend on the set of tools you use.

Created on Oct 4, 2013 7:45:54 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

can you please detail a little bit on how to do this?

Created on Oct 4, 2013 8:22:38 AM

Votes:

You will find samples for using netsnmp under Net-SNMP Tutorial -- snmpset

Created on Oct 7, 2013 12:39:13 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.