What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Problem with PhantomJS for full page load?

Votes:

Hi Everone,

I'm working with some web tests. I have created 2 tests with the PhantomJS headless webkit. One is working fine and shows reasonable values. The other one shows all zeroes. If I change this one to Chrome it seems to work fine. However, I prefer the PhantomJS thing.

How can I figure out what is wrong here? And eventually solve this? The settings for both tests are the same - other then the URL of course.

Best regards, Will

phantomjs prtg test

Created on Oct 4, 2013 9:12:39 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

both Full Page Sensors running on the same Probe?

Please try to run PhantomJS via command shell. Run 2 tests with and without Administrative rights.

Open shell and change directory to C:\Program Files (x86)\PRTG Network Monitor\Custom Sensors\EXE.

Then start script with: phantomjs.exe phloadspeed.js "http://www.google.com"

Change the Url to your preferred one.

Do you get a value greater then zero?

Regards, Thomas

Created on Oct 10, 2013 8:02:45 AM by  Thomas Wormser [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 10, 2013 8:03:56 AM by  Thomas Wormser [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.