What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to change the size of connection line in PRTG map? And is it possible to link the connection lin

Votes:

PRTG Map customization

customize map prtg

Created on Oct 5, 2013 3:17:55 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB post. You can increase the width of the connection lines in maps by adding the following

.connectionline, .connectionlineGradient {
stroke-width: 2px !important;
}

to the styles_custom_v2.css file in your PRTG program directory. The path is

%programfiles(x86)%\PRTG Network Monitor\webroot\css\styles_custom_v2.css

Note: This folder is protected. You need administrator rights to change this file.

Best regards.

Created on Oct 7, 2013 1:16:08 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Last change on Oct 8, 2019 8:21:11 AM by  Maike Guba [Paessler Support] (2,404) 2 1

Votes:

Hi,

im following your advice by adding command line above on styles_custom_v2.css i changed it to 6 px width, the result is the line still not change until i hover the mouse onto the line.

what am i missing? mine currently installed 19.2.50.2842+

Thanks.

Created on Jan 2, 2020 8:26:14 AM

Votes:

What kind of software company gives a partial answer to a question, but then abandons it with no follow-up? I have the same question as the OP. I made the advised change, but can see no effect on the base line--only when hovering over the line.

Created on Feb 27, 2022 2:24:44 AM

Votes:

I stumbled into the answer of why this was not working: you need to go into Administrative Tools and clear the cache after you make the change. Maybe this will help someone else!

Created on Mar 1, 2022 10:23:27 PM

Votes:

Hello LemurTech,

Thank you for your message. I don't know what happened when this post was created however you should indeed have received a response from us. My sincere apologizes for that.

In the current case, when modifying the CSS of PRTG it is indeed necessary to remove the cache or restart the Core server (depending on what have been made) for the modifications to be taken into account. Glad to hear that you found the solution before I could reply.

Have a nice day.

Created on Mar 2, 2022 7:00:54 AM by  Florian Lesage [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.