What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG 13 Icon Colour

Votes:

We recently upgraded from PRTG 12 to 13 and the icons in the top right of the screen have changed colour to red from blue. The icons in question are the group that include "Send link by email" on the group root page and the "Pause" and "Add sensor" buttons on the device pages. I think the group of icons is called ui_icons_454545_256x240 and when I've checked the group they are grey in the picture.

We would like to change the colour of these buttons back to blue but cannot see how to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

color icons iconset

Created on Oct 5, 2013 7:39:57 AM

6 Replies

Votes:

If you want to change the color of those icons you can edit the file:

<prtg install>\webroot\css\styles_custom.css

and add the line -

div.buttonbox a { background: #000000 !important; border: 1px solid #000000 !important; }

Change the Hex Colors to whatever color you'd like to see.

Created on Oct 7, 2013 1:07:02 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok great many thanks. Does PRTG need to be reloaded or anything, or will the new colours come into effect the next time a page is loaded? Is there any possible impact to PRTG when I edit the CSS file?

Created on Oct 10, 2013 9:19:59 AM

Votes:

No but in the case of major changes on the web interface, maybe the setting will be overwritten.

Created on Oct 10, 2013 11:04:32 AM by  Michael Schmidt [Paessler Support] (150) 1 1

Votes:

I've found the file and tried to update it however when I go to save it tells me access denied although I have full admin rights to the PC PRTG is installed on. Is the file locked for editing whilst PRTG is running?

Created on Oct 23, 2013 7:04:43 AM

Votes:

You need to open the editor as administrator or add your default user with read/write rights to the file. (right mouse click on the file -> settings -> security)

Created on Oct 23, 2013 8:29:12 AM by  Michael Schmidt [Paessler Support] (150) 1 1

Votes:

I'm currently logged in using an admin account so permissions shouldn't be a problem but I'll ask one another user to log in using that account as well and try it.

Created on Oct 23, 2013 11:14:58 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.