What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I change the alarm sound on the maps? In PRTG 13...

Votes:

Found this forum post... https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/26303 ... but this is for PRTG 9 and this doesn't appear to be relevant on my version. How do I change the alarm sound that the "status with alarm > 0" status icon on the map makes? I would think this would be a menu item somewhere.....

maps notifications sound

Created on Oct 7, 2013 1:27:43 PM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hi,

the new location for the files are <PRTG Network Monitor installation>\webroot\sounds . Please note, you need to replace both files and do not forget to clean the browser cache.

Created on Oct 7, 2013 3:07:20 PM by  Michael Schmidt [Paessler Support] (150) 1 1

Last change on Oct 7, 2013 3:07:41 PM by  Michael Schmidt [Paessler Support] (150) 1 1

Votes:

Do I just rename my file as alarm.mp3 and ogg?

Created on Oct 7, 2013 3:08:37 PM

Votes:

yes, but please note the length of the files is limited to some seconds.

Created on Oct 7, 2013 3:13:10 PM by  Michael Schmidt [Paessler Support] (150) 1 1

Votes:

What is the limit?

Created on Oct 7, 2013 3:13:45 PM

Votes:

Sorry the limit depends on the browser and version. Unfortunately, we have no table of known values.

Created on Oct 7, 2013 3:16:49 PM by  Michael Schmidt [Paessler Support] (150) 1 1

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.