What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Suppress E-Mail Notifications on Recurring Schedule

Votes:

Good day,

We perform scheduled maintenance on a certain day of the month each month (let's say the third Thursday). Right now I believe we can set one time maintenance windows, but I don't see an option to configure a recurring maintenance window defined like such. Also, we would like to keep the sensors live for historical tracking, just pause -email- notifications so we don't get spammed.

Again this needs to be configurable for a certain day of the week once a month, is this possible or can it be added? Thanks!

alerts maintenance notifications recurring schedule suppress

Created on Oct 8, 2013 5:00:35 PM

6 Replies

Votes:

I'm afraid currently you would have to define each schedule individually. We do have this on our wish list, however, and will be considering implementation in the future. Please bear with us.

Created on Oct 9, 2013 2:27:48 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Any update on this ?

Created on Jul 17, 2015 12:55:57 PM

Votes:

I'm afraid there is no specific time for implementation, at the moment. Sorry.

Created on Jul 21, 2015 12:23:23 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

A potential answer to this exists in the form of schedules for specific notifications.

For example, we have a team-wide notification for general alerts that uses a 6am to 1am schedule (this can be set under notifications). This means notifications are suppressed during maintenance between 1am-6am but sensors continue tracking data for historical tracking.

Created on Sep 29, 2015 8:25:17 PM

Votes:

If this helps anybody new to the system, go to Account Settings > Notifications > Add new notification

While defining your new notification, you can set the "Schedule". I did M-F 8am-8pm, which was close to what I was wanting, although not really.

Save your new notification.

To make this easier, I created a group for the systems that I only want monitored M-F 8-8.

Go to Devices > click on your Group, click on Notifications, and select "Only use the triggers defined below". Click Add State Trigger and select your new M-F 8-8 notification from the drop-down.

I think this is how it's meant to be done. If not, hopefully somebody will tell me I'm wrong and show me how to really do it.

Created on Aug 23, 2016 7:17:27 PM

Votes:

Hi harperfey,

Nothing wrong with that approach, good job :) It is somwhow important to be aware that schedules can be used for several things. If you apply them to a notification, it will pause this notification when outside the defined period. You can also assign schedules for pausing monitoring itself for a device or only single sensors by applying a schedule in the settings of the respective object.

Kind regards.

Created on Aug 24, 2016 9:32:05 AM by  Erhard Mikulik [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.