What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

PRTG server cannot start services

Votes:

Hi,

I find the PRTG service cannot start after schedule reboot.

After I try to start the service, by access the website of server, I find the error shown after the status "10% - Load Configuration: Parsing Data".

The error message is "Access violation at address 0000000000B938A7 in module 'PRTG Server.exe'. Read of address 0000000000000020".

I try to replace the file "PRTG Server.exe" from another PRTG server but still error come out.

Then, I try to replace the whole "64 bit" folder in C:\Program Files(x86)\PRTG Network Monitor" but still error.

Please help. Thanks.

error parsing-data service

Created on Oct 16, 2013 1:57:13 AM

2 Replies

Votes:

Normally this can be resolved by restoring an earlier configuration file from the backups directory. Make sure to restore one from when PRTG was still able to load properly. The directions for doing so are in this link.

Created on Oct 16, 2013 12:32:37 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

It is okay now after restore the configuration few days ago. Thanks.

Created on Oct 17, 2013 2:36:02 AM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.