What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Top 10 most/least available disk space doesn't show all disks

Votes:

I've used SNMP (not WMI) to discover disks on our devices, so the disk sensors have tags like snmpdiskfreesensor, diskfree and snmp, but these sensors don't show up in the Top 10 Most/Least Available Disk Space dashboard widgets. This appears to be because the dashboard uses a different filter tag: diskspacesensor. Same goes for the equivalent top 10 map objects.

As a workaround, I've manually edited the underlying files (eg. top10listcontent.htm, Top10 Disks Least Free.htm) to include the diskfree tag. I'm guessing though that my changes will be lost on the next update. Is there a better solution for this?

Thanks - Simon

disk-free prtg toplist

Created on Oct 18, 2013 4:01:46 AM

2 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

We've added the tag in question as a default tag for this sensor. This change will take effect in the version 13.x.7 Thank you very much for the feedback.

We recommend to add the tag manually to the sensors. If you do use a lot of custom tags, you will need to do this for every sensor separately. If you only use the tags, that are assigned automatically, you can use "Sensors" -> "By Type" and then select all and use multiedit. Please note, that the multiedit will overwrite all existing tags and only assign the new ones, you just entered.

Created on Oct 18, 2013 10:19:05 AM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Votes:

Thanks Johannes. All working fine now.

Created on Oct 20, 2013 8:30:55 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.