What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Email to SMS Notification

Votes:

hi,

I just upgraded my prtg 12.2.1.1767 and facing problem in sending Email to SMS notifications via GSM Modem. While testing the modem is working fine while not sending error notification from prtg machine. I am using Cluster service of prtg. is there any different settings in cluster for notification. any document which and explain or guide step by step configuration will be appreciated.

configure-email-credentials prtg sms-notification

Created on Oct 23, 2013 7:14:40 AM

1 Reply

Accepted Answer

Votes:

Hello,

I understand you use your own method of sending SMS text messages with some kind of email-to-SMS conversion or gateway.

Since version 12.2.1.1768 we updated, among many other things:

• The default email notification templates,
  • the method of how PRTG sends emails (especially regarding encrypted connections),
  • and the encoding of emails

For details, please see the Stable Release Notes and search for all appearances of "notifications".

So, I guess there is some incompatibility between the "new" email format PRTG is now using and your existing gateway.

For debugging, please try sending the email notifications to your personal email inbox where you can analyze the messages sent by PRTG. As a next step you can then spot the issue and adapt your conversion or gateway accordingly.

Created on Oct 23, 2013 7:38:00 AM by  Daniel Zobel [Product Manager]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.