What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Report showing "Sorry, your user account is not allowed to access this information."

Votes:

Hey,

PRTG Network Monitor 8.4.2.2321 I know, it's old and the boss is looking into renewing the maint and getting more probes but for now this is what I have to work with. Have a report that is run nightly for a client. It stopped working at the beginning of October, it ran fine on Sept 30 but didn't run on Oct 1. The report only shows:

"8.4.2.2321 Sorry, your user account is not allowed to access this information."

So trying to run the report manually I get this:

PRTG Network Monitor has discovered a problem. Your last request could not be processed properly. Sorry, your user account is not allowed to access this information. Error URL: /generatereport.htm?id=4592 report_period=current specific_period=0 manual_period_start=2013-10-01 manual_period_end=2013-10-31 report_processing=report_html [email protected]

I checked the permissions on this report compared to one that is running no problem and I cannot see anything wrong.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be causing this problem?

Thanks.

accounts error reports

Created on Oct 23, 2013 8:39:10 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

I'm not quite sure if this particular option was already available in v8, but have you checked the "Security Context" of the report?

Created on Oct 24, 2013 11:09:47 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Thanks for the reply. I looked at it and the Security Context was set to Administrator. Which I'm part of the admin group. However the report was still coming up with that error. So I thought if the permissions might be stuck some how. So I set it to my own user and the report ran no problem, set back to Administrator and the report still runs no problem. Was able to generate and email to the client.

Thanks for the brainstorming ;-)

Created on Oct 24, 2013 8:21:00 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.