What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to get a DigiCert SSL Certificate running with PRTG?

Votes:

I would like to install and use a DigiCert SSL certificate in order to avoid the web browser security warning when starting PRTG’s web interface. How can I achieve this?

browser-warning digicert encryption https prtg secure ssl ssl-certificate web-interface

Created on Oct 28, 2013 3:57:30 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

5 Replies

Accepted Answer

Votes:

This article applies as of PRTG 21

Using a DigiCert SSL Certificate with PRTG

Download a PDF with detailed instructions here: Installing PRTG Wildcard certificate from DigiCert

Many thanks to Marcus Sjögren, SeaIT Systems Int AB, a PRTG user who wrote this great how-to and kindly shares it with us.

Note: Use the PRTG Certificate Importer to install trusted SSL certificates for PRTG.

Created on Oct 28, 2013 4:18:51 PM by  Gerald Schoch [Paessler Support]

Last change on Mar 1, 2022 12:46:48 PM by  Frank Hadasch [Paessler Support] (0) 1

Votes:

Hi, I want to see how many certification expiring in next 30 days. Can anyone help on this? Thnx

Created on Aug 29, 2022 7:37:43 AM

Votes:

Hi there,

You can monitor the certification with our SSL Certificate Sensor. Then you can combine multiple Sensor with our Sensor Factory Sensor.

Created on Aug 31, 2022 8:14:07 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have created an python script to call Digicert service api , but when I upload the script on python folder it show me this error:

XML: Structural error in xml file, 2 open items. -- JSON: The returned JSON does not match the expected structure (Invalid JSON.). (code: PE231).

And please don't reply with show me the logs becuase it is the same error

Created on Sep 30, 2022 6:49:21 AM

Last change on Sep 30, 2022 9:24:15 AM by  Felix Wiesneth [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi there,

It would be the best to open a support ticket here via sending an email to [email protected].
Please attach the Sensor logs in your email so we are on a good starting level at the beginning of the ticket.

Created on Oct 4, 2022 6:50:47 AM by  Moritz Heller [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.