What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Bandwidth Sensor Issue

Votes:

I am monitoring my Cisco routers WAN connection and have always noticed a trend where every 15 minutes or so the outbound traffic will read zero for one reading.

I have taken a screen shot so you can see what I mean.

http://s22.postimg.org/c318sqb4h/prtg.png

The dark blue line is the outbound traffic and as you can see every 15 minutes I see the issue happen. The issue doesn't seem to be happening with the green traffic in side.

Thanks, Jon

bandwidth snmp traffic

Created on Oct 29, 2013 3:50:19 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
the graph looks like this is a overflow issue with the SNMP counters. Please see this article on how to fix the same.
From the time you have applied the changes mentioned your graphs should start looking normal again.
Best regards

Created on Oct 29, 2013 5:25:35 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Looks like that did the trick. Thanks so much.

Created on Oct 29, 2013 5:47:19 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.