What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Does Maintenance window also affect report stats?

Votes:

We're looking to use the maintenance window for sensors to ignore alerts during a planned outage. Does this also affect statistics in reports that include those sensors?

For example, we have an uptime report that we run monthly for upper management. When I select maintenance window for a group of sensors, will PRTG automatically suppress the maintenance time when calculating the uptime stats in the report?

This would be a very valuable feature as I wouldn't need to manually remove times from uptime reports for scheduled maintenance windows.

maintenance prtg reports

Created on Oct 30, 2013 9:54:53 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Dear Chris,

thank you very much for the KB-Post. Yes, it's actually exactly tike this, paused times are not accounted in reports (that includes manual pausing, schedules, maintenance windows and dependencies).

best regards.

Created on Oct 30, 2013 4:45:14 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten,

What about acknowledges?

What is the best practice for uptime? If I have a scheduled maintenance, do I use Maintenance windows( which pauses the sensor ) and if I have unplanned issues with the server, should I use "acknowledge" since it really is a downtime?

Thanks Patrick.

Created on Nov 24, 2015 3:56:40 PM

Votes:

Patrick, yes exactly. That would be our recommendation, you're on the right track!

Created on Nov 25, 2015 9:12:28 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.