What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Custom OID libraries not working

Votes:

Hello all! Wondering if someone get help me out. I am working with an Aruba 7210 controller and would like for PRTG to monitor the access points and have downloaded the latest mib files.

Interestingly enough, converting to a library, get me an error code No such object "(SNMP error # 222)"

So I used a free mibbrowser to get values using the same scenario and it works. for instance .1.3.6.1.4.1.14823.2.2.1.1.2.1.1.7.10.20 2.236.194 gets me the output "FL-1 Electric Room" which is perfect, however when I run that in Passlers snmp tester, I get Value: Error converting OID (SNMP error # -2007)

What am I doing wrong and how do I fix it? I would actually like to add the complete mib file into the library for all the sensors and rediscover the controller. Does anyone have one they can send me that works for Aruba? I really would like to see the bandwidth and people on a per AP basis considering I will have over 150 access points in the next month.

snmp snmp-error-#-222 snmp-library

Created on Oct 30, 2013 4:26:20 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Please forward us the MIB file(s) in case to [email protected]. Please mention this thread for reference.

Created on Oct 31, 2013 2:52:20 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

Same problem, can anybody provide the answer?

Created on Apr 10, 2014 9:34:29 AM

Votes:

In past cases we noticed that the OIDs provided in the MIB (and then exported to the OIDLIB file) were not available on the target device. You can test this by running a "Scan OIDLIB" test via our SNMP Tester.

Created on Apr 14, 2014 11:55:02 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.