What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to produce a summary group report

Votes:

I have been asked to produce a summary report by group. I have looked into the HTML code for exsisting reports and I can not seem to figure it out. We use the software to montor customer internet connections and the customer has asked for a summary report for Uptime and Downtime for all of their sites.

prtg reports summary

Created on Oct 31, 2013 3:39:06 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm afraid summary uptime/downtime in reports is not possible, and actually intended from us, as we think such an averaged Uptime can be highly misleading. Just for an example, if you have a group of 100 devices, one being the main-router, the others 99 workstations, a high average Uptime might mislead, if this main-router is the only one having a low Uptime actually. For such groups of devices you could though gather the data yourself using the PRTG API (Setup->PRTG API), and then calculate the average uptimes with an external tool.

best regards

Created on Nov 1, 2013 9:19:34 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.