What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Facotry sensor

Votes:

Is it possible to let one factory sensor depend on one or several other factory sensors. If yes, please give an example.

depend factory sensor

Created on Nov 1, 2013 12:59:37 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
are you trying to use factory sensors as sources for other factory sensors? If so, this is not possible. Factory sensors are a sensor type which cannot be used as source for other factory sensors.
Best regards

Created on Nov 1, 2013 1:13:12 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi. Yes, I would like to use a factory sensor as a source for another factory sensor. I have a sensor tree. At each level, I have a factory sensor showing the status for all the 'normal' sensors, for that level. At the top level, I would like to have a factory sensor, showing the result of all the other factory sensors, instead og refering to all the "normal" sensors... That would be nice :-)

Created on Nov 22, 2013 7:36:53 AM

Votes:

Seeing as factory sensors cannot be used as source sensors, and there are no near-future plans to change this due to technical reasons, I'm afraid that isn't possible.

Created on Nov 22, 2013 9:51:28 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.