What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I send a notification on alarms?

Votes:

I would like to send email notifications on any alarms. How do I do this?

alarm email notification

Created on Nov 1, 2013 3:04:41 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
for details on sending notifications, please see the Notifications section of the PRTG manual.
Best regards

Created on Nov 4, 2013 6:32:00 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have notifications working now, at least for "down" events. Is there a way I can set a notification on CPU utilization above some threshold using Cisco System Health SNMP sensor, without having to set that notification on each of those sensors individually?

Created on Nov 6, 2013 10:31:05 PM

Votes:

You can use the sensor channel settings to set error and warning limits for a certain channel. This can be done for multiple sensors using multi-edit. To apply a notification to several sensors you might create a library an then add the notification to the library itself as every included sensor will use the same.
Best regards

Created on Nov 7, 2013 6:09:06 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have created a library of all ping sensors, but cannot see where I add the notification to the library. Can you tell me where that would be?

Created on Dec 10, 2013 4:27:22 PM

Votes:

In the library overview you should see a tab called Notifications. There you can add the different triggers. Please not that this feature was only introduced in late PRTG 12 so if you are on a lower version a update might be required to use this feature.
Best regards

Created on Dec 11, 2013 5:58:18 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I discovered why I could not find the Notifications tab -- it does not appear when using the Enterprise Console, only when using Web access. I've added the notification to the library.

Created on Dec 11, 2013 9:39:12 PM

Votes:

Thanks for letting us know. A developer ticket has been opened and the functionality should be available with one of the upcoming releases. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Created on Dec 12, 2013 6:30:17 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.