What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Backup for information and configuration

Votes:

Hi, I'm using PRTG for about 4 months to monitorize bandwith, It was working fine, but now we are having troubles with the server machine.

So we are going to format that machine, I want to know what do I have to backup to keep the data that I already have and the configuration cause I'm using remote probes too.

What about reports ? Will them be affected ?

Once we format everything we are going to use the same machine to be the PRTG Server machine, with the same IP, and same OS. So I would like to use the already capture data and keep using PRTG yo get new data but keeping the old data.

Are ther anything special or that I have to be aware about this process ?

Best Regards.

Carlos

backup data historic-data reports

Created on Nov 5, 2013 3:12:24 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Dear Carlos,
basically you would need to follow the steps for migrating PRTG. You only will have to perform an intermittent step of saving the data instead of copying it to a new server immediately.
Best regards

Created on Nov 5, 2013 6:07:25 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.