What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How to implement the vmware (soap) in external server?

Votes:

How to implement the vmware (soap) in external server? How will i monitor also the ram, nic, ups, and fan by using esx vmware (soap)? i did tried to used esx vmware (soap) in internal dummy server and I was able to get some few sensors. Like the vmware (soap) host performance and hardware performance. Still, I'm not satisfied with the output because i can't monitor the ram, nic, ups and the fan of the server. Can you help me how to do this..

Thank you CMM

esx virtual vmware

Created on Nov 5, 2013 5:47:55 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hi CMM,

our SOAP-HardwareHealth-Sensor is simply monitoring the health (Good/Warning/Error) of a VMWare-Sensor.

It summarizes up the number of good/warning/error-sensors and if there are sensors with a state other than 'Good' reports which sensors are affected.

The total number of sensors reported from this sensor is different to the number you see in vSphere-client -> HardwareHealth as it only counts sensors that reports a status, not a numerical or string-value. If a numerical (vmware-)sensor reaches a threshold the according sensor-class reports that warning or error to our sensor, too.

If you need detailed information about the sensors like rpm for fans you need to use the WBEM-based-sensors.

Kind regards

Created on Nov 5, 2013 2:28:39 PM by  Dieter Loskarn [Paessler Support]

Votes:

"Socket error on connecting. WSAGetLastError return 10060($274C) A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond". what this error means?

Created on Nov 9, 2013 5:38:28 AM

Votes:

Hi,

this error is a standard-message from the operating system and means 'Timeout'. Is the 'CIM'-service running on your machine? May you try to restart the CIM-Daemon?

If it is not working after a restart of the service it may be that the port is already occupied so that the restarted service can not bind to the port. Unfortunatelly in this case the only way to get the service up and running is to reboot the host.

Kind regards

Created on Nov 11, 2013 10:23:31 AM by  Dieter Loskarn [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.