What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Non-Admins an maintenance mode

Votes:

Hi

I have two groups (from AD) in PRTG. One group with administrative rights (to set up new sensors, move devices to other groups etc.) and another group without administrative rights.

My problem is, that only the group with administrative rights can set devices to maintenance mode. Is there a way to allow the non-admins to do that?

Regards

Dominik

administration maintenance permissions

Created on Nov 5, 2013 6:56:49 AM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. May I ask, which exact Access Rights does the other user group have? All Access Rights above 'read' should allow users to set Maintenance Windows on devices (if the users are not read-only type users of course).

best regards.

Created on Nov 5, 2013 2:29:13 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Konstantin

This is the configuration of my reader-group: My configuration

A reader-group user sees this message when he tries to activate the maintenance mode: 13.4.6.3241 Sorry, your user account is not allowed to access this information.

Thanks

Dominik

Created on Nov 5, 2013 3:12:31 PM

Votes:

Hi, read only users are not allowed to set the maintenance mode, you will have to create a read-write group but without administrative permissions to allow users setting a maintenance window.
Best regards

Created on Nov 7, 2013 12:35:56 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Konstantin

My group is already a read-write group withoud administrative rights but I get this error... See this image: http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/7677/d7vu.jpg

Created on Nov 7, 2013 3:35:17 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.