What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

I have a 'headless' cluster!

Votes:

I have a two node cluster, both nodes believing themselves to be the master.

I want to convert the node which answers to my DNS entry to a stand-alone, and am not concerned with what happens to the other node as it will be decommissioned.

Do I simply stop the services on the node I want to keep, revert it to stand alone from the management interface, and then start the services again or is there more involved?

Many thanks!

cluster prtg reversion

Created on Nov 5, 2013 1:49:43 PM

2 Replies

Votes:

In general, yes, you simply revert all nodes to standalone again and then uninstall PRTG on the server you no longer need.

simply follow step 1 from

https://www.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/41903-my-prtg-cluster-is-messed-up-how-can-i-start-over

Created on Nov 5, 2013 2:53:28 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Cheers Aurelio.

I read through that exact topic before posting this, as I have read others where it seems that you HAVE to keep the cluster once you've created one, and wanted to ensure I wasn't getting the wrong end of the stick.

Can anyone else back this up before I mark Aurelio's post as the best answer?

Created on Nov 5, 2013 2:55:57 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.