What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Enterprise Virtual Array Sensor Error: Syntax error in command SELECT MANAGER

Votes:

I have not installed the full command view on the probe, but just (following your procedure) copied the sssu.exe file. When I try to add the sensor I get the message: Error: Syntax error in command SELECT MANAGER I have two servers running command view and two EVA, so that any of the two servers can control both EVA at the same time.

command-view evaluation hp

Created on Nov 5, 2013 1:53:43 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. May I ask, is the EVA connected via Fibre?

Can you try using the IP address of the HP Management Appliance that is managing the HP EVA?

best regards.

Created on Nov 5, 2013 5:04:57 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I have tried the IP address in the device name and IPv4 fields and I still get the same result. I have tried running the sssu on the probe machine and it works fine using both name and IP.

Created on Nov 5, 2013 5:18:38 PM

Votes:

What version of the sssu.exe are you using? You need to use 10.0.0 or later. If you are not using 10.0.0 but a later version, it might help to wait for the next PRTG update(13.4.7), that will hopefully be released soon. It contains a few Bugfixes that will most probably fix your problem.

Created on Nov 5, 2013 6:49:20 PM by  Johannes Herrmann [Paessler Support] (1,360) 2 2

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.