What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Restricted view not displaying device tree

Votes:

Hope someone can help me with this odd query.

I have created a new user (and a new user group which contains only that user), and have configured permissions to ensure that when the log in, they only see a specific group. However, when the user logs in their devices tab is empty, not showing the expected subset of the device tree. When I click on the sensors tab, they do see all the sensors that the permission changes I made should allow. I have configured the following:

> The user is a member of only the new user group group > The group I want the user to access in the device tree has had it's 'inherit access permissions' checkbox unchecked, but I have added in 'read' permissions for the new user group. > I have checked that the devices and sensors within the group all show that the new user group have 'read' permissions.

This is a cluster install (two node) which isn't working as intended at present, but the changes I made are on the master node.

Am I missing something here? I have performed the same procedure many times before, and it seems that the previous 'customer views' I have set up are also not working (potentially down to the broken cluster, but I can't see how as all access is via the master node, which is the same one on which I am making the changes).

NB: I plan to revert the master node to stand-alone shortly, as I no longer need the cluster configuration anyway.

access cluster prtg

Created on Nov 6, 2013 12:37:50 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

If the other device groups and user groups were working previously then it may be in your best interest to try reverting the master to standalone and see if that solves the issue. If there is a conflict of permissions between the two then this may be causing the issue.

At this point are any of the permissions on the other groups working? Would it be possible to try resetting the permissions at the root level and resetting them?

Created on Nov 6, 2013 4:03:12 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.