What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Cisco CBQOS Monitor with Policing

Votes:

I have recently setup PRTG v13 to monitor a number of outbound Classes on my Cisco Routers. This worked successfully and with a bit of tweaking, managed to get the bandwidth usage on a per class basis.

I recently had to change some of the QOS configuration on the routers to include policing. Once configured, PRTG was no longer able to capture any further data from the router. I tried rescanning the router for sensors attributed to CBQOS SNMP for the router and found that since the policing command was applied to the outbound classes, PRTG no longer recognised the outbound classes as valid sensors.

Any ideas why this should be the case?

Thanks

cbqos prtg snmp

Created on Nov 6, 2013 5:34:28 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm sorry, but it's not fully clear, did you try adding the SNMP CBQoS-Sensors anew? And that failed? Or did "only" the old sensors stop working?

best regards.

Created on Nov 7, 2013 2:40:17 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.