What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

IP SLA sensor down

Votes:

Setup IP SLA on Cisco and PRTG. PRTG sensorshowing IP SLA is not in service. Code:PE109

Cisco CLI is showing IP SLA reports and wireshark is showing SNMP get-respond with vlaues

Please advise

Thank you

cisco ip-sla snmp

Created on Nov 11, 2013 9:10:34 PM

4 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. May I ask, which exact version of PRTG are you running? Did the IPSLA-Sensor work before (and then go into error state with this error message)? Or do you get the error upon adding an IPSLA-Sensor?

Best regards.

Created on Nov 12, 2013 2:34:00 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I'm running the latest version 13.4.6.33374. It never worked we just started evaluating IP SLA capabilities. I got the error immediately after the first check

Thank you

Created on Nov 12, 2013 2:38:50 PM

Votes:

Just to check, when you add the sensor, you do get a list of IPSLAs on the target? Can you please send us a screenshot of that page then via email to [email protected] and one screenshot showing the "Overview"-tab of the IPSLA-Sensor in error state? Thank you!

Created on Nov 12, 2013 2:49:06 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

The issue was on Cisco.

Thank you for your asistance

Created on Nov 13, 2013 9:23:41 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.