What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Exchange Powershell Timeout

Votes:

Hi All,

Im trying to setup an exchange powershell monitoring sensor against on of our DAG members the same as I have done before but not i am getting an error message of "Timeout (5000 ms)" I assume this might be becacue we have 10 dag members around the world and it would take a while to query them. Is there a way to increase the time out?

exchange powershell timeout

Created on Nov 12, 2013 5:12:19 AM

11 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
I'm afraid I have to admit that there is a default timeout of 5s implemented. At the moment there is no way around this. Sorry.
I have opened a ticket for the developer to look into this and we hope we can provide such functionality soon.
Best regards

Created on Nov 13, 2013 5:55:27 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Last change on Aug 13, 2014 1:32:32 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, Had this issue sort out? I had 12DAG across US/UK/Asia and also getting timeout (5000ms) issue

Created on May 15, 2014 2:15:07 AM

Votes:

Hi,
please contact us by writing an email to [email protected]. We do have a new sensor for testing which I don't want to publish here.
Please refer to this KB post.
Best regards

Created on May 21, 2014 1:50:07 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Is this new sensor going to be released any time soon? We have this same issue and we would really like to start using it.

Created on Nov 5, 2014 3:49:45 PM

Votes:

Hi,
we are still working on the sensor in question. No release date has been determined yet. Sorry.
Best regards

Created on Nov 7, 2014 1:12:34 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Has there been any progress on this yet? I need to monitor a highly critical mailbox to ensure email is still being received by it and I am unable to find a working solution.

Created on Jul 26, 2016 4:25:27 AM

Votes:

@ clayton_mcbride: What PRTG version are you currently running?

Created on Jul 26, 2016 11:16:41 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I am running 16.2.24:3792+ and still getting the same error.

Created on Jul 26, 2016 11:06:50 PM

Votes:

@ clayton_mcbride: The timeout has been raised to 3 minutes in the current Canary Build.

Created on Jul 27, 2016 6:54:31 PM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ok so i will have to wait for an internal upgrade of prtg to be done before I can use this sensor.

Created on Jul 27, 2016 11:02:01 PM

Votes:

@ clayton_mcbride: You also could install the trial version of PRTG on a separate machine and switch the Release Channel to Canary to get the current Canary version for testing.

Created on Jul 28, 2016 11:55:02 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.