What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

sFlow from FortiGate incorrect data

Votes:

I have setup sFlow on a FortiGate 60C to send data to PRTG, I am receiving data however the amount of traffic reported is about double what it should be. I have reduced the number of interfaces sampled to just one WAN interface and it is still reporting double the traffic (on average). What can I do about this?

fortigate prtg sflow

Created on Nov 12, 2013 10:38:01 PM

3 Replies

Votes:

If you use our sFlow Tester, do you get the same results?

Created on Nov 13, 2013 3:40:15 PM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Votes:

I have just tried the sFlow tester. I don't really understand the results it is showing. It is receiving several sFlow's a second though I set the polling-interval to 60 seconds.

The results show a source and destination IP and port, timestamp. Is the number at the end the size of the packet sampled in bytes?

Created on Nov 13, 2013 10:56:17 PM

Votes:

Please forward us the test results to [email protected], so that we can have a look at them. Please refer to this thread, in order to be able to associate the ticket with this case.

Created on Nov 15, 2013 9:34:49 AM by  Patrick Hutter [Paessler Support] (7,225) 3 3

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.