What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

How do I use multiple filters in a report?

Votes:

I want to create a report listing all branch router ping sensors, ie. sensors that have a 'pingsensor' tag, which belong to devices that have a 'router' tag, which belong to parent site groups that have a 'branch' tag.

If I just use the first two tags, I get a list of all router ping sensors across all sites, as you would expect:

Add Sensors by Tag: pingsensor Filter Sensors by Tag: router

But when I attempt to add the 'branch' tag to either of these fields, it doesn't give the desired results. It appears to do an OR rather than an AND.

Can you please tell me if there is a solution?

Thanks - Simon

filter reports tags

Created on Nov 14, 2013 12:48:01 AM

3 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm afraid such logic can't be used to add sensors by tag to reports. But you could use 'Pingsensor' into the filter by tag field, and then go to the "Add Sensors manually"-Tab on the report, and drag&drop the entire Router-group to the Report.

best regards.

Created on Nov 14, 2013 4:42:30 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi Torsten

Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately the routers aren't all in one group -- they're in different site groups, hence the requirement to filter on a combination of sensor, device and group tags.

Is this type of functionality being considered for the future?

Rgds, Simon

Created on Nov 14, 2013 8:43:20 PM

Votes:

I will forward this feature request, but in the moment there are no fixed plans to extend the functionality there. You could simply try working with a third tag, that only effects those particular routers maybe.

Created on Nov 15, 2013 8:54:03 AM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.