What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Filtering of SNMP Trap Receiver doesn't seem to work

Votes:

Hello,

I have set up the snmp trap receiver sensor. The traps are received by the sensor, it shows the value from the configured OID, but it seems that the sensor is ignoring the "Benutzerdefinierter Trapcode" option. Neither a "real" trapcode nor a random trapcode makes a difference, it receives and shows all traps.

Is there some option I haven't seen? Or maybe is this some sort of bug?

prtg13 snmp trap

Created on Nov 19, 2013 9:54:58 AM

1 Reply

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very much afraid alerting on received traps is currently only possible in a limited fashion in PRTG:How can I use PRTG’s trap receiver and what are its limitations?

But please be aware, that we will introduce a much more powerful SNMP Trap & Syslog Receiving engine very soon in PRTG:Sneak Peek into Our Labs: Introducing the New High Performance Syslog and SNMP Trap Receiver Sensors This will then make alerting on traps easily possible.

best regards.

Created on Nov 19, 2013 4:58:04 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.