What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Summarization of multiple Netflow 9 sensors into one

Votes:

I´m working with PRTG 13. I have some core switches, each with a Netflow 9 sensor. Now I need to "summarized" both sensors into one with aggregated values. I mean that as both switches forms part of one "same core", I need to add values from 1st. sensor to 2nd sensor and represent it in a 3rd. new NetFlow sensor. Could this be possible?

netflow-v9 prtg13 sensor summarization

Created on Nov 19, 2013 7:35:12 PM

1 Reply

Votes:

You might be able to do this with the sensor factory sensor albeit we have had issues with this and I cannot guarantee that this will work, it all depends on what the active flow timeout is for this sensor and what you set the scanning interval to on the sensor factory sensor.

If this does not work, then you may want to try using the SNMP traffic sensors and aggregating that data with a sensor factory sensor instead although this will not be able to break down the traffic like Netflow.

Created on Nov 20, 2013 11:09:45 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.