What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Be quiet! - Acknowledge alert by responding to email

Votes:

Is there a way to silence an alert by responding to the email? Just an extra step to log in and search / pause (which is hard from Iphone App) . I really dont want to put any "Auto Acknowledge"

alert email prtg

Created on Nov 19, 2013 7:49:25 PM

7 Replies

Votes:

If you are getting an email notification then there should be a link to acknowledge the alarm in the email that you can click on to do this. The options for pausing and resuming the sensors should be in the default template as well.

Created on Nov 20, 2013 11:16:11 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Ah if only that easy! Sorry should have added more detail. Our server is not in the DMZ and this is the case where the alerts are late at night. We can vpn through our phones of course just trying to think of something simpler

Created on Nov 20, 2013 12:56:30 PM

Votes:

Unfortunately at this time, the only way to do this would be to use the API call.

It may be possible to do something like this if you set up a program to react to an email on another server that could then do the API call but without having direct access to the server, this would be much more difficult than using the VPN although once set up it would make the process a bit faster.

Created on Nov 20, 2013 1:20:09 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

We discussed it in the development meeting today and this is something that is on our radar but we have not been able to figure out a way to do this securely. We will continue to consider the options and if any new ideas come up or this thread has more customers asking for the feature then we may invest more resources into it but for the time being this is not being developed.

Created on Nov 21, 2013 2:13:40 PM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

I second the request feature.

Created on Feb 21, 2014 9:57:00 PM

Votes:

I'll add my vote for this one as well.

Created on Aug 9, 2015 12:09:34 PM

Votes:

decision was made not to include this in the near future, sorry.

Created on Aug 9, 2015 3:13:49 PM by  Aurelio Lombardi [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.