What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Adding a link in the comments tab

Votes:

I want to add links into the Comments tab for sensors, for instance linking a comment to the server or to furthur doumentation etc. I'd like both to be able to link with http and create other links like ftp or rdp-links for direct access to desktops on servers. Is there a syntax for creating a link in the Comments tab. I'm unable to find anything in the help, on you forum or via Google.

comments placeholders sensors26956685-19

Created on Nov 20, 2013 7:59:57 AM

5 Replies

Votes:

Hello,

thank you very much for your KB-Post. I'm very sorry, but such links are currently not possible in the Comments tab. It's limited to plain text. Sorry.

best regards.

Created on Nov 20, 2013 3:06:19 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

I was just about to post a question on this topic but I found this thread instead.

I would also like to be able to add custom hyperlinks into the comments tab. Is this still not possible?

Thanks,

Tom

Created on Jul 14, 2015 2:30:35 PM

Votes:

It's still only plain text on the comments tab. Sorry.

Created on Jul 14, 2015 3:19:03 PM by  Torsten Lindner [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Yes, we would like to be able to set some documentation url per sensor too! I understand there are some security constraints with LINKs, but isn't there some UI element possible of add documentation urls at least?

Created on Aug 2, 2021 8:23:22 AM

Votes:

Hello there,

I'm afraid, it is still not possibel to do this. Since there are only few requests in this direction we won't implement something like this anytime soon. We are currently focusing on features that are more requested and more important to most of our customers.

Kind regards,
Birk Guttmann, Tech Support Team

Created on Aug 4, 2021 9:58:45 AM by  Birk Guttmann [Paessler Support]

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.