What is this?

This knowledgebase contains questions and answers about PRTG Network Monitor and network monitoring in general.

Learn more

PRTG Network Monitor

Intuitive to Use. Easy to manage.
More than 500,000 users rely on Paessler PRTG every day. Find out how you can reduce cost, increase QoS and ease planning, as well.

Free Download

Top Tags

View all Tags

Remote Probe configuration command line update?

Votes:

I was wondering if there is a newer version of the remote probe configuration tool? (PRTGRemoteProbeCfg.exe) which i found on this post (https://kb.paessler.com/knowledgebase/en/topic/1563-how-can-i-automatically-deploy-and-configure-remote-probes-using-kaspersky-admin-kit-or-other-tools) I have downloaded the tool and get an error when it gets to checking service step. Win32 Error (1060) The specified service does not exist as an installed service. and if i go into probe administrator the details are still the defaults.

Any suggestions?

configuration probe remote

Created on Nov 22, 2013 12:33:02 AM

8 Replies

Votes:

Hi,
the tool is not working any more as the structure of the underlying configuration has changed. We have asked the initial author for a new version of the tool but got no answer so far. Sorry.
You might just use the deployment function in PRTG s alternative. Just add a device in PRTG, then do a right-click on the same and from the context menu choose Device Tools | Install Remote Probe . This will, if correct credentials are provided, install a remote probe on the device.
Best regards

Created on Nov 25, 2013 8:39:47 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi,

Are you able to advise how the configuration works and is stored in the new version so that it is possible for either myself or others to develop a new version of the tool? It would be really handy for large MSPs like ours that already have agents on a machine that can execute scripts as a way to deploy multiple new remote probes easily.

Thanks

Created on Nov 27, 2013 1:57:28 AM

Votes:

Hi,
you will get an email with necessary information.
Best regards

Created on Nov 27, 2013 10:16:17 AM by  Konstantin Wolff [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Hi, I have the same wish like cabernethy. Is it possible to get the same informations?

Best regards

Created on Sep 5, 2014 8:46:27 AM

Votes:

I just sent you an email with the same information. Please let me know if you do not receive it.

Created on Sep 5, 2014 11:31:45 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

Please may I get the updated information also? That way I can create a new remote program configuration program to take the place of the older non-working version.

Created on Apr 27, 2015 12:01:13 AM

Votes:

I sent you the information per email.

Created on Apr 27, 2015 7:39:30 AM by  Greg Campion [Paessler Support]

Votes:

May i get the same information? Thanks so much

Created on Aug 13, 2015 3:10:02 PM

Disclaimer: The information in the Paessler Knowledge Base comes without warranty of any kind. Use at your own risk. Before applying any instructions please exercise proper system administrator housekeeping. You must make sure that a proper backup of all your data is available.